Monday, November 7, 2011

Best Sick Day Ever!

Good friend Blake Fish scored big on his leftover tag.  Here is what he had to say about the hunt along with the pics.

"After a few unsuccessful days of hunting I decided to ditch out on work and give it one last shot.  I went out by myself and started glassing at first light and didn't have any luck for a couple of hours, with the exception of a few does.  I finally found two bucks off in the distance.  After spotting them I immediately left my high point, and walked probably a half mile back to my truck.  I then drove around them and hiked in a couple of ridges hoping they were still feeding in my direction.  When I finally got my eyes on them they were 650 yards off, crossing a thick bottom.  I didn't spot them again for about 20 minutes.  I was lucky enough to spot the 2 point bedded under a cliff but never could locate the bigger buck that I had seen earlier.  I crept up to 300 yards and sat there and waited for two hours which seemed like forever.  Eventually the 2 point stood up and started feeding.  Then like a gray ghost there appeared from out of nowhere the buck I had been waiting for.  I ranged him at 310 yards, had a clear shot and dropped him in his tracks.  It was the best "sick day" of my life."





Congratulations to Blake on an awesome buck with lots of character.