Monday, October 14, 2013

Antler Repairs and Coloring

Good friend Rube W. brought me a set of coues deer horns and asked me to fix them and re-color.  I know I was up against a big challenge but wanted to give it a try.  This is what I started with.







As you can see they are really cracked up and pretty chalky with 2 busted points on the right side.  I fixed the points.




After the fixing the points and cracks the painting began.





As you can see the back point still wasn't the color I was looking for so I worked a little bit longer and the bottom is the finished product.  It turned out well.  If you have a dead head that you picked up or sheds that you would like to get fixed up bring them in and let us help assess them and see if they are repairable.



Below is my brother Vaughn's 2012 buck that had a busted G2.  Here it is fixed.